- BS, Agriculture, University of Missouri, School of Veterinary Medicine; MS, Comparative Pathology, University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Medicine
- DVM, University of Missouri-Columbia
- MD, University of Missouri–Columbia
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Intern in Pathology, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Residency, Pathology, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Instructor in Pathology, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri
- Assistant Medical Examiner, Boone County, Missouri
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Forensic pathology
Dr. Adelstein is interested in two general areas of study: microbiology and forensic pathology. Recent studies include the role of benzalkonium chloride as a disinfecting agent in wounds, and the effects of activated macrophage supernatant on wound healing. Forensic pathology is another area of interest for Dr. Adelstein, and work includes evaluation of the mechanisms and manner of death.
- Wilson DA, Adelstein EH, Keegan KG, Barrett BA, Kutz RR Jr. In vitro and in vivo effects of activated macrophage supernatant on distal limb wounds of ponies. Am J Vet Res. 1996 Aug; 57(8):1220-4.
- Perez-Espejo MA, Haghighi SS, Adelstein EH, Madsen R. The effects of taxol, methylprednisolone, and 4-aminopyridine in compressive spinal cord injury: a qualitative experimental study. Surg Neurol. 1996 Oct;46(4):350-7.
- Tarbox BB, Conroy BP, Malicky ES, Moussa FW, Hockman DE, Anglen JO, Simpson WA, Adelstein EH, Christensen G, Gainor BJ. Benzalkonium chloride. A potential disinfecting irrigation solution for orthopaedic wounds. Clin Orthop. 1998 Jan;(346):255-61.
- Miller CB, Wilson DA, Keegan KG, Kreeger JM, Adelstein EH, Ganjam VK. Growth characteristics of fibroblasts isolated from the trunk and distal aspect of the limb of horses and ponies. Vet Surg. 2000 Jan-Feb;29(1):1-7.
- Chan-Tack KM, Standridge S, Adelstein E. A 62-year-old man with hypotension and an abnormal chest radiograph. Cleve Clin J Med. 2002 Aug;69(8):632-8.