- B.A. cum laude, Anthropology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1996
- Ph.D., Center for Functional Anatomy and Evolution, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Anthropology, Pennsylvania State University
- National Institute of Mental Health Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology & Anatomical Sciences, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders, University of Missouri
- Brain development
- Craniofacial phenotypes
- Genotype-phenotype associations in craniofacial development
Dr. Aldridge is doing research focused on understaning the complex interrelationships between development, structure, and function of the human brain. She uses an integrative approach to the study of the brain, using 3D morphometric methods in analysis of medical imaging data from human and non-human primates, adults and juveniles, and other animal models. Much of her work focuses on neurodevelopmental disorders, such as craniosynostosis and autism spectrum disorders, and variation and evolution of human brain morphology.
- Aldridge K, Wang, L, Harms MP, Moffitt AJ, Cole KK, Csernansky JG, Selemon LD (2012) A longitudinal analysis of regional brain volume in macaques exposed to X-irradiation in early gestation. PLoS ONE, 7: e43109.
- Aldridge K, George ID, Cole KK, Austin JR, Takahashi TN, Duan Y, Miles JH (2011) Facial phenotypes in subgroups of pre-pubertal boys with autism spectrum disorders are correlated with clinical phenotypes. Molecular Autism, 2: 15.
- Aldridge K (2011) Patterns of differences in brain morphology in humans as compared to extant apes. Journal of Human Evolution, 60: 94-105.
Hill CA, Vaddi S, Moffitt AJ, Kane AA, Marsh JL, Panchal J, Richtsmeier JT, Aldridge K (2011) Intracranial volume and whole brain volume in infants with unicoronal craniosynostosis. Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 48: 394-398.
- Aldridge K, Reeves RH, Olson LE, Richtsmeier JT (2007) “Differential effects of trisomy on brain shape and volume in related aneuploid mouse models.” American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A: 143A: 1060-1070.
- Aldridge K, Boyadjiev SA, Capone GT, DeLeon VB, Richtsmeier JT (2005) Precision and error of three-dimensional phenotypic measures acquired from 3dMD photogrammetric images. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A 138A: 247-253.