- B.S.Pharm. Magna Cum Laude, Duquesne University
- M.D. Medical University of South Carolina
- Pharmacology, post graduate studies, Medical University of South Carolina
- Medical Scientist Training Program, Medical University of South Carolina
- Resident in Pathology-Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Hematopathology Fellowship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Hematology/Molecular Diagnostics Fellowship, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Fellowship in Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Sciences
- Director of Hematopathology and Coagulation
- Assistant Medical Director, Diabetes Lab
Development of cellular therapies and diagnostic testing in metabolism and hematology.
- Stem cells
- nutritional medicine
- translational research
- Hammer, RD, Collins RD, Ebrahimi S, Casey TT: Rapid immunocytochemical analysis of acute leukemias. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 1992; 97:876-884.
- Gross AS, Thompson FL, Arzubiaga C, Ellis D, Graber S, Hammer RD, King LL. Heparin-associated thrombocytopenia and thrombosis (HATT) presenting with livedo reticularis. International Journal Dermatology 1993; 32(4): 276-79.
- Hammer RD, Sukpanichnant S, Casey TT, Collins RD. Rapid immunocytochemical analysis of acute leukemias: further observations. Applied Immunohistochemistry 1994; 2(2): 113-122.
- Hammer RD, Glick AD, Greer JP, Collins RD, Cousar JB. Splenic marginal zone lymphomas: A distinct B-cell neoplasm. Am J Surg Pathol; 1996;20(5):613-626
- Macon WR, Hammer RD, Glick AD, Collins RD, Cousar JB. Natural killer-like T-cell leukemia/lymphoma: aggressive CD56+ peripheral T-cell lymphomas of large granular lymphocytes, possibly arising from extrathymically differentiated T cells. Blood 1996; 87(4):1474-83
- Hammer RD, Scott M, Shahab I, Casey TT, Cousar JB, Macon WR. Latent membrane protein antibody reacts with normal hematopoietic precursor cells and leukemic blasts in tissues lacking Epstein-Barr virus genome by polymerase chain reaction. Am J Clin Path 1996; 106(4):469.
- Hammer RD, Cousar JB, Collins RD, Vnencak-Jones CL. BCL-1 gene rearrangements in paraffin-embedded tissue. Am J Clin Path (letter) 1996; 105(6). 806.
- Hammer RD, Vnencak-Jones CL, Glick AD, Kinney MC. Microvillous lymphomas are B-cell neoplasms that frequently express CD56. Mod Pathol 1998; 11(3):239-46.
- Shipley WR, Hammer RD, Macon WR, Lennington WJ. Characterization of CD56 (NCAM) in paraffin-embedded tissue: A potentially useful marker for neuroendocrine neoplasms and peripheral nerve. Applied Immunohistochemistry.
- Miranda, RN, Cousar, JB, Hammer RD, Collins, RD, Vnencak-Jones, CL. Somatic mutation analysis of IgH variable regions reveals that tumor cells of most parafollicular (monocytoid) B-cell lymphoma, splenic marginal zone B-cell lymphoma, and some hairy cell leukemia are composed of memory B lymphocytes. Human Pathology, 30(3):306-312, (Mar 1999).
- Miranda RN, Briggs RC, Kinney MC, Veno PA, Hammer RD, Cousar JB. Immunohistochemical detection of cyclin D1 using optimized conditions is highly specific for mantle cell lymphoma and hairy cell leukemia. Mod Pathol, 2000; 13(12): 1308-14.