Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Specialist Support for Primary Care
Get expert behavioral health specialist knowledge in a virtual learning network with University of Missouri and Compass Health providers. Learn about best practices and evidence-based care for children with behavioral health concerns, including:
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) practice parameters
- Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies
What Does Child Psych ECHO Offer?
- Collaboration, support and ongoing learning with experts and other health care providers
- Integration of behavioral health in primary care
Why Child Psych ECHO?
Child Psych ECHO empowers and supports primary care providers to more effectively and confidently treat patients suffering from behavioral health issues. The Child Psych ECHO is an integration of medical, pharmacological and psychological considerations into the treatment of the behavioral health patient.
How Does It Work?
- Join an online video conference twice per month for 6 months
- Discuss and share:
- Clinical case presentations and discussion
- A brief educational presentation by an expert in child and adolescent behavioral health
Curriculum for Case-Based Learning and Discussion
- May 12, 2017 – Orientation, philosophy, evidence-based guidelines- AACAP
- May 26, 2017 – Depression
- June 9, 2017 – Anxiety
- June 23, 2017 – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- July 14, 2017 – Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)/ Conduct Disorder/Disruptive Disorder
- July 28, 2017 – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma
- Aug. 11, 2017 – Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Aug. 25, 2017 – Aggression
- Sept. 8, 2017 – Bipolar Disorder (BAD) vs Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Sept. 22, 2017 – Eating Disorder
- Oct. 13, 2017 – Gender Dysphoria Disorder (GDD)
- Oct. 27, 2017 – TBD/Side Effects/Complex Cases
Meet the Expert Team
Laine Young Walker, MD-Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Ujjwal Ramtekkar, MD-Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Garima Singh, MD-Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Austin Campbell, BCPP-Psychiatric Pharmacist
Sara Wilson, PsyD-Child Psychologist
Suzanne Taggart, LCSW-Social Worker
Tracy Stroud, DO-Developmental Pediatrician
Stan Hudson, MA-Health Literacy Expert
The Office of Continuing Education, School of Medicine, University of Missouri is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Office of Continuing Education, School of Medicine, University of Missouri designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.